End of Year Technology Survey for May 2011
School is officially out for the summer and my classroom is closed. Before the kids left for vacation, however, I had them participate in a survey about the technology we used in our classroom this year. I wanted to know how they felt about the projects and websites we used. To administer the survey I created a Google Form, which I embedded in our class wiki. Read about our survey and the projects they liked and did not like by visiting my blog, Day In the Classroom. You can find it at http://dayintheclassroom.edublogs.org/.
No comments yet.
My name is Barbara Day, and I just completed my twenty-fifth year of teaching. During that time I have taught first, second, third, and fourth grades. For the past 22 years, I have been teaching in an Iowa public school of choice. Our school is a traditional school that teaches the Core Knowledge curriculum, in addition to regular school district curriculum. This means that in fourth grade, we study everything from the American Revolution to Medieval history. As a teacher, I am constantly a student, and as I learn, the kids learn with me. As a teacher, I am also an actor, an artist, a writer, and a graphic designer. I have always said that one of the great things about being a teacher is you can color, cut and paste, build things, and play games with the kids, and no one questions your maturity or sanity. Teaching can keep you young or age you, and often it does both, all on the same day.
Mostly I am a student of life. I am still trying to figure things out, both on a personal and professional level. This blog is just part of my attempt to reflect and learn more about myself and the world around me.
Welcome to My Blog!I have just completed my 25th year in the classroom. I've spent 22 of those years teaching at the same school. During that time I've taught grades 1 through 4, but I've spent the past fifteen years in 4th grade. I do not profess to be an expert on anything, except the classroom, and anyone who spends any time at all in the classroom, knows that no one is really an expert on the classroom. Teaching is ever changing, frequently challenging, but never boring. I am always prospecting for the next treasure of an idea. I'm sharing some of what works for me, and sometimes what did not work for me. Please share your gems as well. My comments do not reflect any viewpoint but my own.
- Using Bitstrips for School
- Blogging Through the New School Year
- Adding Photos to Your Classroom Blog or Website
- Teaching Fourth Grade Math In 2012
- Independent Study
- Schools Out!
- A New Look and New Goals
- End of Year Technology Survey for May 2011
- Our New Class Photo
- Making Our First Glogs
- Our Castle Project for 2011
- Barbara’s Got a Brand New Blog
- My First Technology Conference
- Getting to Know the iPad
- The Kids Present Their StoryJumper Stories
- My First Year of Teaching With Technology: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Creative Writing With StoryJumper
- Core Knowledge Night: Wrapping Up Our Study of Medieval History
- Starburst Pictures
My Photos On Flickr
- Used my dehydrator to dry the last of the peppers. instagram.com/p/-ca8ZvFETT/ 4 days ago
- Just picked Chloe up from the groomer, and she has pretty bows in her hair. @ Ankeny Bark Avenue instagram.com/p/-cOhGGlEbF/ 4 days ago
- Drake Women's Basketball. Go Drake! @ Drake University instagram.com/p/-ZteYUlEfm/ 5 days ago
- This house smells good! Apple Zucchini Bread, just out of the oven. instagram.com/p/-ZHmoNFETx/ 5 days ago
- It's a winter wonderland out there and it's still coming down. @ Des Moines, Iowa instagram.com/p/-VI5YjFETL/ 1 week ago
- Our first snow of the season. I'm glad it didn't really get going until late in the day. @ Des… instagram.com/p/-UwevmlEdA/ 1 week ago
- Chloe and I know how to spend a Sunday afternoon. Taking it easy after working on the leaves again. instagram.com/p/-Hm_i-lEbR/ 1 week ago
- Cabbage Flower @ Downtown Farmers Market instagram.com/p/9gbmHdFEba/ 3 weeks ago
Blog Topics2010 Reform Symposium art assessment basic skills Being a Writer blogs book reports castles celebrations Common Core Standards conference conferences Core Knowledge division editing Edmodo Education finance fluency geometry glogs iPad layoffs math Medieval History multiplication netbooks photography poetry problem solving puzzles reading research social studies Storybird Storyjumper technology testing webquests writer's workshop writing
- 57,673 Views